Sunday, 7 October 2012

Medieval Scottish Spear.

Here is the latest unit for my Medieval Scottish Army. I've tried dabbling in some scenic base type thingy by adding English Knights charging into the ranks, wooden stakes and various grasses.This also involved a little cutting, filing off shields, lances and arms etc and making new limbs from green stuff (at 10mm I'm not sure its worth it).I'm also trying a different look to my painting as I'm wanting to give the Scots a more...hmm, in the middle of the battle look, if you get my meaning. I think when viewed at the normal gaming distance they look good but close up they just look badly painted.Give em a click see what you think:-)First there's a painting of a Medieval battle showing the look I want to achieve, then the Scots.

7 comments:

  1. This is a very good idea. I like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done, the base looks great.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fantastic, thanks for sharing.
    All the best
    Sean

    ReplyDelete