Saturday, 1 September 2012

Once again Ive not posted in a while.

Once again Ive not posted in a while. Main cause of this? The wargamming mo jo has gone, its slowly been happening for sometime...hmm? Ive seen it happen to others over the years, but somehow Ive always pushed on through the waining times. But at the moment I pick up the brush, look at the lead and there's nothing there...no inspiration....nowt. Over the last year or so due to work commitments and various other reasons my gaming time has gone from once or twice a week, even three times a week every now and then! and now nowt. Its not for the offers of others, there's plenty gaming to be had, but  at the moment time for gaming isn't on my side so the when i have a hour or two to put paint on something...well you know how it is. So over the last few weeks I've been having a cull of wargaming stuff, half finished projects, armies that are no longer in use and rules set I will never get around to playing in order to clear the decks for a fresh start. After the cull( which is turning out to be a large one) I will have left:-

Feudal Europe / Crusader army (10mm) 3000pts+
Islamic Army.........................(10mm) 2800pts approx
WOTR Lancs/Late HYW English(10mm) 1250pts
Late HYW French.......................(10mm)1250pts
ECW Parlimentrains.....................(10mm)
Romans........................................(6mm)1250pts
Seleucids........................................(6mm)1250pts
Danish(viking)...............................(28mm)2500+

Another week or so of culling and that's what I will be left with so hopefully a clean sheet and new projects beckon. Ive a few ideas what this will be but not 100% at the moment.

5 comments:

  1. We all go through it at sometimes, I went nearly 9 months not painting at all a couple of years ago. After the cull I'm sure the mojo will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been through this myself. Sometimes called burnout. It happens to us all, best advice is chill, take time out, and recharge the batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only been painting for a few months, but I'm familiar with the "dead periods" As a drummer I go through them and after 30 years have learned not to worry. It'll come back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New projects have a habbit of kicingyou back into the groove, just have a care with the culls. Figures don't eat anyting and I am glad I kept hold of mine when I left for ten years. Now I am painting harder (and better) than ever before and just starting to get more games in

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Id be careful with the cull too. What about your BKC Germans? Im sure when you have sorted your collection out, you will get back into it.

    I sold off a large amount of stuff many moons ago, although I thought it was a good idea at the time, ive regretted it ever since...

    Painting wise, I know how you feel!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete