Wednesday, 1 August 2012

HYW French and a little help needed.

As mentioned yesterday here's some photos of my Late HYW French not all these chaps started as French Ive taken some of my WOTR Lancs and touched up the paint job and fitted some French banners (which I found after thinking they where lost, Note to self:-tidy painting station) so once the French are finished I will have a 1250pt army the battle against My Late HYW English 1250pt army. or combine them to give me a 2000pt WOTR Lancastrain army. Once again I must apologise for the photo quality taken in poor light when I had the time(usually when its dark so using artificial light),Any photo tips for day light bulbs etc from you chaps would be much appreciated.

10 comments:

  1. The look the mutts nuts. Are pike not based to the short edge for medievals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good !!!

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bunch of nice looking minis!

    Personally, I don't like those thick pikes, because they tend to bend easily . Instead I use the pikes from Testudo, they are sharp, thin and absolutely solid.

    To your photo-issue: Have you ever tried using a white background and doing a white balance prior to shooting? You could try getting more light into the image by increasing the exposure time, as well.

    Cheers,
    Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments chaps, Hi Robb The pike can be mounted either way with the errata rule for pike. I also use them as Scots with long Spear so thought it best to mount with 40mm frontage. Thanks for the photo info Thomas I will try a white back ground etc next.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really splendid. I think they look terrific.

    I thought the photos looked fine. I very much like the grey background as fiddling with white balance can sometimes be tricky (at least for me, although its a great suggestion). Are you using daylight bulbs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good!

    Photo wise, i always try to use a white background, and as i normally take pics with artificial light, i edit the pics on my computer, ie increase the brightness.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are looking rather splendid, another period I would like to get into, but some more research require me thinks.

    Which rule set are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vladgothic,

    Thanks for that I'm using Warmaster,Hail Caesar,and various others,That's the joy of basing on 40 x 20 bases, the armies can be used for most rules sets.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking figures Jason am I right in thinking Pendraken, I love this period too
    thanks
    Sean

    ReplyDelete