Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Its been a while.

Ive not posted in a while so I thought it best to make a quick post as to what has been happening in the Grandscale world of The Bishop Lord:-) well, the Late Medieval French are coming along very nicely (photos to follow). Also Ive received a copy of Daniel Mersey's fast play Medieval rules 'Scottorum Malleus' on first reading they look great, although they are still in a play test unfinished way they look well and I cant wait to give them a go in the coming weeks:-) If you've not seen Daniel's Blog it can be found here:-
http://merseybooks.blogspot.co.uk/

and is well worth a look with details of Daniels other work 'Dux Bellorum' which is out soon published by Osprey I believe.

4 comments:

  1. Happy to give it a try with you Jas

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive got Dux Bellorum on pre order, looking forward to having a go myself.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog, fantastic work! I noticed you have both 6mm and 10mm scale armies. What in your opinion are the strengths and weaknesses of both scales? I already have 6mm scale Napoleonic forces (French and English troops) but I am intrigued about 10mm scale. Is the detail much better? What about the availability of soldiers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi James, I don't think there's any weakness with either scale. I tend to use 10mm for Medieval and 6mm for Ancients. For Dark Ages I also tend to lean towards 10mm. As for detail there is more in 10mm. If you take a look at TB Lines miniatures there is as much detail as some 28mm figures. Hi Steve look forward to seeing some of your 1st class AAR with Dux Bellorum, Hi Robb yep another game to add to our list :-)

    Jason.

    ReplyDelete