Monday, 4 July 2011

Hail Caesar,La Navas de Tolosa 1212

After further reading,research and the painting of some more units of Berbers, my Andalusian army has become Almohades with some units Andalusian mercenaries.For my first game of Hail Caesar I will be using the army list as posted previously with a few more Berbers and I'm going to re fight the battle of La Navas de Tolosa fought on 16th July 1212 as best as possible.This will fit in very nicely with the armies Ive got, as the Christian army comprised of various Spanish contingents and also non Spanish which included Templars, Hospitallers and western European knights.

Here's a few pictures I found to whet the appetite.

4 comments:

  1. That's going to be a great looking game I'm sure. Looking forward to seeing it on the table top.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi jason

    Realy nice pictures, specialy the map, where did you find it?

    Looking forward to a AAR and som pictures of the game:)

    Best regards Dalauppror

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very interesting, oh, i ordered my own copy of HC last night....i knew i would cave in in the end.

    Where are you planning on playing this? I'm on leave till next Monday:)

    Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments chaps.Dalauppror I got the pictures off google images,i liked the map too.Steve, I wanted to try it in the next few days, I was going to take all the boards and scenery to CACK and try and get a game with yourself there but unable to get any gaming in at the moment,so I'm not sure when it will take place, Hopefully within the next two weeks.

    Regards
    Jason.

    ReplyDelete